Meet Dr. Daugherty
Dr. Daugherty is a graduate of St. Johns University, the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry and the University of Southern California. He completed a three year General Practice Residency US Army Hospital, Okinawa, Japan 1969-72 and maintained a private practice in Bloomington, Minnesota for 35 years (1972-2007). Dr. Daugherty’s practice emphasis was in the treatment areas of orofacial pain and esthetic dentistry. Dr. Daugherty retired from private practice and accepted a contract position with the US Army, Germany (2008-13) treating US service personnel with a clinical focus on orofacial pain medicine and associated chronic pain disorders. This would include treating various types of headache related pain, TMJ pain, traumatic brain injuries, post traumatic stress disorders and various other combinations of pain syndromes in consultations with other medical staff. Dr Daugherty maintains an active ongoing continuing education program with the foremost educators in the area of Oral Orofacial Pain/Oral Medicine.
- MS, University of Southern California.
- DDS, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry.
- BS, St Johns University, Collegeville, Minnesota.
Professional Practice Experience:
- 2013-Present: Private practice limited to Orofacial Pain Medicine and associated chronic pain disorders, Edina, MN.
- 2016-present: Volunteer, Veterans Administration Hospital treating Orofacial Pain and associated chronic pain disorders, Minneapolis, MN.
- 2008-2013: Orofacial pain medicine, Sleep medicine, US Army, Germany.
- 1972-2007: Restorative/esthetic dentistry and Orofacial Pain Medicine, private practice, Bloomington, MN.
- 1969-1972: US Army Hospital General Dentistry Residency, Okinawa, Japan.
- May 2016: Board Certification, Orofacial Pain Medicine.
- 2013-2015: Orofacial Pain/Oral Medicine Residency Program, University of Southern California.
- 2009-2010: Certificate in Orofacial Pain, New Jersey School of Dentistry and Medicine.
- 1969-1972: General Practice Residency, US Army Hospital, Okinawa, Japan.
- Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education, Continuums 1-6.
- Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Study, Continuums 1-4.
- Piper Institute, Mark A Piper, MD, DDS. Course I, TMD Diagnosis and Therapy.
- Other Continuing Education too numerous to list.
- 1999-2007: Part time faculty, University of Minnesota Dental School.
- 1993-2003: Visiting Faculty, L.D. Pankey Institute, Key Biscayne, Florida.
- 2008-2013: Germany: Various clinical seminars concerning orofacial pain/sleep medicine.
- 2002: All Caribbean Dental Society, Barbados: Two day seminars: "Orofacial Pain: Treatment Considerations."
- 2001: "Functional and Esthetic Concerns in Smile Designs of the Worn Dentition."
- 1996-2000: Jamaican Dental Society: Lecture and clinical seminars on various Dental topics.
- Efficacy of Electrical Stimulation of the Occipital Nerve in Intractable Primary Headache Disorders: A Systematic Review with Meta-Analysis.J of Orofacial Pain and Headache, December, 2017.
- American Academy of Oral Facial Pain.
- American Board of Orofacial Pain.
- 2006: Finisher Wisconsin Iron Man.
- 2009-2012: US Army All European Masters Champion, Ten Mile Qualifying Championships.
- 2008: Qualifier, National Olympic Distance Triathlon Championships.
- 2008: Minnesota Master's Triathlete of the Year, Honorable Mention.
- 2007: Silver Medalist, US National Half Ironman Triathlon Championships.
- 2007: US World Triathlon Team.
- Martial Arts Instructor/student